If you have been issued with Tax Return by HM Revenue & Customs or you are registered as Self Employed you need to submit a Self Assessment Tax Return. We can prepare and submit the return online for you. The requirement for paper returns is 31 October and for online returns 31 January. If you miss the deadline you are at risk of being fined £100 and further penalties and interests charged monthly for the delay. Don’t take the risk let us handle it all for you.

You’ll need to send a tax return if in the last year you fall within any of the criteria

  • you were self-employed – you can deduct allowable expenses
  • you got £1,000 or more in untaxed income, eg from renting out a property or savings and investments
  • your savings or investment income was £10,000 or more before tax
  • you made profits from selling things like shares, a second home or other chargeable assets and need to pay Capital Gains Tax
  • you were a company director – unless it was for a non-profit organisation (eg a charity) and you didn’t get any pay or benefits, like a company car
  • your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit
  • you had income from abroad that you needed to pay tax on
  • you lived abroad and had a UK income
  • you got dividends from shares and you’re a higher or additional rate taxpayer.
  • your income was over £100,000
  • you were a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme
  • you had a P800 from HMRC saying you didn’t pay enough tax last year – and you didn’t pay what you owe through your tax code or with a voluntary payment

If you would like to do your own bookkeeping, as the amount of sales invoices you issue and the number of expenses is not enormous, that great. You may want to download the table we have prepared for you. You can fill it out and then email it to us to review and to prepare your Self Assessment Tax Return.

Join Our Newsletter